Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Been busy

Work has been busy so by the time I get home from work I'm tired. I have stuff I need to get done so I think I need to remind myself as soon as I walk in the door what I need to focus on and get it done! I think I will make a list and post it where I will see it as soon as I walk in the door. I found a little cross stitch design that says Carpe Acus seize the needle that I want to make into little pillow to give as gifts. I started on the first one and it has been fun to stitch.
I had a haircut appointment yesterday afternoon. I had a few minutes before my appointment, so I walked over to the Polish pottery store. I always head to the 50% off shelves. The pottery is expensive, but it is so pretty! I bought the large oval dish two weeks ago and last night I bought the small oval and the round bowl. It is microwave and oven safe so it's fun to cook and eat out of a fun dish.
When I got home there was a package with my order from the Kitten Stitcher. She had some Blackbird Moda fabric marked down to five dollars a yard, so I bought two yards of three colors to make project bags.
I am going to pair them with the tan/goldish bolt of fabric I bought a while back.
You might not know that Blackbird Designs is a huge name in the counted cross stitch industry and their designs are beautiful. They have done a few reproduction designs and do lots of orginal designs. I wish I could afford to buy all the softcovered books they have published.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Love your Polish pottery.
Blackbird designs has been around for a long time and their designs are so unique.