Thursday, July 7, 2022

T-shirt quilt progress and happy mail

I got another shirt quilted last evening.
I am now 70% done with the quilting. The last 30% will go quick. My son called me on my way home from work and may have a project for me. He wants a quilt for a fundraiser. We threw around a few ideas. Then my neighbor was out looking in their trash bin. Here there were two young raccoons in their bin. They weren't babies, but weren't big enough to get out. They had been in the bin for maybe a day and with it being as hot as it has been, they were suffering especially since they were wearing raccoon fir coats! The fellow rolled the bin out to the street, gently laid it down, opened the lid and coxed them out. They ran to his backyard and up a tree. I didn't have my phone with me so no pictures. I did get some happy mail yesterday. It was a surprise; two pieces of Vicki's sun printed fabric!
I had sent Vicki of Colorways by Vicki Welsh some keys several years ago. I had collected a bunch of keys that were left behind when the school system moved out of the high school that was eventually demolished. Thank you Vicki! I am taking tomorrow off since my nephew has a show. I am hoping it goes on without a hitch. The mayor lifted the curfew Wednesday morning and I haven't hear of any more violence downtown where we will be.  Then we have another show on Saturday night.  It is going to be a busy weekend!  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That would have freaked me out to look in the garbage can and see little racoons. I bet you have all kinds of critters in abundance with the woods nearby.

Kaja said...

I haven't seen fabric printed with keys before - what a clever idea. I wonder how the racoons got into the can in the first place.

Vicki W said...

The raccoons would have freaked me out too! I'm glad you like the fabric. I thought you deserved a piece since it's from your keys! Have a great weekend.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the key patterned fabric. That's awesome and sentimental. Glad the coons made it to freedom.

Hoping things in Akron calm down. Our son is getting his tonsils out tomorrow at Akron Children's Hospital. Hopefully that's far enough away from the drama, but who knows. I'm taking the little stitching project with me that you sent. I'm excited about going trough Grandma's buttons for it. Thanks again for that.