Monday, July 25, 2022

14th finish for 2022

I didn't make the top, but I am still counting it as a finish for 2022. Yes, the bowtie quilt is done. I bound it with some vintage fabric I had in my stash. One side is 3 inches longer than the other, but that just adds to the charm of this hand pieced quilt. I handed it over to the owner this morning, a woman I work with, and she was thrilled with it. She thinks her great grandmother might have pieced it, but she is not sure. I threw it in the washer and it came out great. The finished size was 74" wide, one side 79" and the other 82". I used off white fabric for the back.  The difference in the length from side to side would have been even worse if I hadn't taken off four rows.  Those four rows were so skewed that there was no way I could have quilt them.
Thursday the band had a show in Hamilton, Ohio. Round trip was 479 miles which made for a long day in the heat. I got to bed at 2:45 a.m. Friday morning. We had a nice place to set up the merch booth.
A river ran along the back of the venue
My view of the stage
The rest of the weekend was spent recovering, watching the TDF, laundry, and finishing the bowtie quilt. I did have quite a surprise when I took a walk around the house. Do you remember the rodent trap that was carried off during the night by an animal two weeks ago? Well, I found it out back close to the house! I didn't see any fur caught in it so I don't know what the heck happened, but I am glad to have it back.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Some animal was just showing you how clever they were, moving the trap to a new location without getting caught.

Vicki W said...

Absolutely, that quilt counts as a finish! What a special finish it is.