Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Progress on the t-shirt quilt and the hunt continues

I quilted one more t-shirt last evening and now am 66% done with the quilting. This is the shirt I quilted while I watched the Tour de France
I don't go out of my way to hurt or kill an animal. I stopped this morning so a possum could cross the road, but when comes to them doing damage and costing me money they have to go! The chipmunks have dug tunnels around my foundation that now when we get a heavy rain I get water in my studio coming up in the middle of the floor. I now have to get bigger 6" gutters to replace the ones I had installed 19 years ago to try and keep the water from getting to the foundation. The chipmunks also use to get under the garage slab and had made their way into the ceiling of my lower level studio. Them scratching at night freaked me out! The garage slab failed from the chipmunks digging tunnels and water damage because the downspouts were missing when I bought the house. That cost me around five grand. Yesterday I caught two more so I am up to 9. A bigger animal came along Monday night and must have got a foot or something caught in the one trap because the trap is now missing. I know it wasn't a chipmunk because this past weekend one got his one back foot caught and he was unable to drag the trap very far. I looked all over the yard and didn't see the missing trap anywhere. I will have to order a couple more traps now. It hasn't gotten any easier tossing the dead ones into the woods or drowning the ones that didn't die. I don't know that it ever will.

2 comments:

Linda Garcia said...

I am with you on the damage animals can do to your house. At the end of the day, they are just rodents, various sizes, but just rodents. Your house is an investment and very much worth the effort. Carry on!!

Vicki W said...

I take it from this post that someone gave you a hard time about killing rodents. Oh I long for the good 'old days when people kept their opinions to themselves.