Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Amp cover progress

Sewing emergencies exhaust me. When I got home after work I took care of my traps then headed to the studio to work on the amp cover. I spent some time thinking and then just went for it. I decided to make a zippered pocket to insert the five layers of moving blanket in. That way I could construct the rest of the cover without having to deal with the weight of the moving blankets. This is the piece that will fit the front and sides with the moving blankets resting on the front of the amp.
I have to try and get this done tonight so I cut out a couple more pieces and will sew then on my lunch hour. Yes, I brought my sewing machine to work. This cover is a complex project which I will show the other hurdles tomorrow.


Vicki W said...

The zippered pocket is genius because he can adjust the thickness of the insulation as needed.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I was wondering how you were going to deal with the bulk of the moving blankets.

Robbie said...

You are so clever!!! Awesome lady!