Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Next project and chocolate scones

For my next project I am going back to the black and white quilt. I had started quilting it earlier this year, but it had to be set aside when other more urgent projects popped up.
After work I made chocolate scones to take to work today. I had made these and Birthday Cake Scones for the band this past weekend for our long trip to Hamilton. That was the first time trying the recipe for the chocolate scones so I needed to make them again. I think I baked them a couple minutes too long, but the one I had for breakfast was still tasty with a hot cup of tea! The house smelled so good it was hard to sleep last night!  Chocolate chips were blended into the batter and there is a chocolate glaze on top.  

2 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Mmmmmm, makes wish I had one right now!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never made chocolate scones. I bet they are good, nice and tender.