Thursday, February 24, 2022

Two new projects

Somehow I roped into two new projects for a woman I work with. The first project will be new placemats. She said she just couldn't find any decent placemats and brought me a very worn one that she liked. I dug thru my stash to come up with something she might like and was successful on the first try! Here are the fabrics for the placemats.
I will FMQ some yardadge then cut that to size and bind. It will be like making little whole cloth quilts. The next project is to make a cushion for a bench. She is going to make a pattern and this is the fabric she picked.
Once I get the pattern, I can then source a zipper and the cording.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I used to get roped into lots of sewing projects and I guess it was all good practice to become a better sewist. I guess you could call the placemats mindless sewing since you are a pro at machine quilting.

Vicki W said...

You will have these little projects done in no time! Nice work reorganizing the plants at work and the Harley quilt is moving along quickly!

Kathy S. said...

Your co-worker has great tastes in fabric -- AND very smart when picking the right quilter to make them. Wink wink!