Monday, February 7, 2022

Harley t-shirt progress, V-day small, and snow

My trip home to and from work on Thursday was long. The roads were awful and it was still snowing. Many people did not show up on Thursday. I stayed home on Friday; I will explain this later in this post. Meanwhile I worked on the Harley t-shirt quilt and got quite a bit done. I trimmed all the shirts and started sewing them together in columns. I am waiting on the box of t-shirts before I sew together the column with that brick red shirt and I hope there is at least two light colored shirts so I can finish out the column on the right. I scrounged around to find the right sized designs for the spots I needed to fill.
I made a two cross stitch smalls and finished them plus one I had finished stitching a while ago. I can't show you a picture of one of them, because it is for my sister for V-day and she reads my blog. I want to at least surprise her with what it looks like. Here is the one I made for myself. The trim was a piece I found that I had dyed a long time ago and the heart was a button that I remember buying a card of them in NJ on my honeymoon a long, long, time ago. I had to break off the hand soldered shank to glue it on.
I need to make a few more to fill my new bowl I bought off of Etsy.
I finished this small while I was in the finishing mode.
Friday I went out to shovel. The city had been by and plowed what they could of the cul-de-sac. The problem being the neighbor had left his trash bin nearly in the middle of the cul-de-sac. It has been there for almost 3 weeks now. I saw him walk out two weeks ago to put trash in it and then just leave in! My neighbor said she saw him this past week get a shovel, shovel around the bin, throw trash in it, close the lid and just leave it. Everyone has to drive around it and the plow guy can't do their job which resulted in lots of snow left in the street in front of my driveway that I ended up having to shovel! I had already called the city on him about the trash bin and the trailer that has been parked out front for 2 1/2 years. Where the trailer is parked is the best spot for the plow to put snow. He is not being a good neighbor! In this picture you can see the trash bin, the red lines show what I needed to shovel to get the car out, and the blue line is the end of my driveway.
Here is the path I dug out. You get a better idea of how much extra snow I had to shovel. I spent 2 1/2 hours shoveling Friday morning. The blue line is about where the end of the driveway is located.
Hopefully the city comes out and tags his trash can this week. We have a chance of snow later this week.

5 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Wow, that's a lot of shovelling. Some people just don't have any consideration for their impact on other people. I hope the city does something about it. And that looks like heavy snow on top! Great progress on the t-shirt quilt. We managed to get another goat finished (that's 7 done), and two more well underway. My friend was taking extra long to sew Saturday as she realized she needed to pay closer attention to her 1/4 inch seams. She is doing really well considering this pattern has so many small pieces. If nothing else, both of our accuracy will improve as a result of this pattern! LOL

Vicki W said...

You are making great progress on the Harley quilt and you certainly got your exercise allotment in for the weekend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the variety of colors in the Harley shirts and because I like red so much I don't mind the dark red one in there. I would move the bottom red to the left so they weren't in the same vertical row.
All of your little cross stitch pieces are so cute together.
That neighbor is infuriating. What would he do if someone moved his trash bin back to his lot? I hope the city takes care of it so you don't have to do anything more about it.

Christine said...

Well done on the shovelling.... I remember it well. Climate change has brought us more rain.
Hope that parcel arrives soon, I'm so looking forward to the finished harley quilt.
Cute smalls.

Kathy S. said...

I think it would have taken me way less time to shovel out the neighbor's trash can so that I could make a statement and throw it in the middle of his/her yard. 2.5 hours is a lot of exercise for you. Our snow was light and granular on the top but all icy on the bottom. It was rough shoveling! I'm so glad that you didn't fall on the ice! Hope you get your t-shirt delivery so that you can work on it this weekend.

The littles are adorable!!! They will all look so cute in a cluster together. Do you read the blog, https://pinkernpunkinquilting.blogspot.com

Melissa has ADORABLE cross stitch FREEBEES!!! I mean ADORABLE. Many of them have a country vibe which would fit right in with my decor. I'm sure you'd find something you like.