Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Harley quilt - Day 1 and a follower's chevron quilt top

I got a few t-shirts cut up, interfaced and hung on the design wall. I also dug out of that box some shirts that were already interfaced. I have more non-black t-shirts this year so I was thinking about how to arrange the t-shirts this year. It dawned on me I have never made a checkboard quilt so that is going to be my layout this year. I don't know that I have enough light colored shirts. The lady I am making this for said she had a few more shirts to send me so hopefully there will be some light colored shirts in the box.
Here is a picture of a chevron quilt top made by one of my blog followers using the tutorials I posted. C has bought one of my project bags, we have bartered fabric for more project bags and cross stitch charts. She made this top with shirt fabrics she would buy by the pound at the Goodwill where she use to live. Fabulous blues! Good job C!

4 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Great job on the tutorials... they are easy to follow and understand and I will be trying this out once I get a chance. C - Beautiful job with the shirts - it turned out lovely! Can't wait to see how this next t-shirt quilt turns out.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a bonus having some t-shirts already stabilized. A checkerboard will be fun. You could always have the whole outside row be dark if you don't end up with enough light ones for the whole design.

Vicki W said...

The chevron with the shirts is beautiful! I look forward to seeing the progress on the Harley quilt. I think this is a wonderful thing that you do each year.

Christine said...

Love these quilts, and C has done a frees job of changing up the shirts