Tuesday, February 22, 2022

It's 2-22-22!

I didn't get any quilting done on the Harley quilt last night. I was tired, But I have to post something on this historic day so here is what I came up with. I did get the f and e stitched on the cross stitch piece.
The daffodils next to the house where the brick absorbs the south facing sun are coming up. This area has it's own micro climate and is warmer because the bricks radiate the heat.
At work I have been tasked with replacing the pathetic plants. This one is by the president's office. It was just wild and I trimmed it a couple weeks ago. It is just not a very nice looking plant.
These two plants are outside one of the conference rooms. They are pretty ratty too. I am going to replace these with snake plants because the snake plants are low light plants, survive with little maintenance, and grow up rather than outwards. There is also some philodendron mixed in these pots which doesn't do very well. I plan on pulling out the philodendron and repotting them. I have a place to put the pot that will look good with a plant.
Then there is this rubber tree which one of the ladies hates. The plant has to be 7' tall. She wants me to replace it with a snake plant. I will try and get a big one to fill the space. I think this plant is cool! It might be coming home to my house.
The president's assistant is excited to get a new plant and since it is warm today, I think I will be making a trip to the greenhouse despite the rain. I was given a $200.00 budget for plants, pots, and potting soil so I will be reusing the pots that I can.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

How fun! You get to play with plants in the winter. Upward growing low light plants look to be the best idea. I had one like the first you showed and I didn't have much luck with keeping it nice either.

barbara woods said...

My mom always called them buttercups instead of dafadils