Wednesday, February 23, 2022

The big plant project

Yesterday and this morning at work I have spent some time redoing the plants. It was a lot more work than I thought! I shopped for plants and potting soil on Tuesday at one of the local greenhouses.  I could have spent a lot of money there!  I didn't have enough potting soil and I needed three more pots so I stopped at a big box store this morning at 6:30 am. So here is the parade of before and after pictures. People have noticed and like the refresh. Conference room entrance. These were just ratty!
I think the snake plants fit the area better and on the plus side they help clean the air!
There was some philodendron plants in those pots so I pulled that out, cut the ends off, and stuck them in water. Once they root, I will pot them.
The receptionist asked if I had some extra that she would like a plant. I broke off a piece of one of the snake plants, and now she is very happy with her little plant.
Here was the plant at the president's assistant's desk. It was sad!
Here is the new plant. The president said he saw it this morning and wondered where it came from. The assistant is very happy with her new plant!  It is low maintenance, a slow grower and grows in a clump.
Next Big Bubba had to get moved. Big Bubba is a rubber tree. One of ladies near where this plant sits just hates this plant!
Well, Big Bubba got replanted into a bigger pot and moved into the conference room. The size of this room is more suited for the size of this plant.
I bought a different variety of snake plant to fill Big Bubba's spot.
When I get ready to leave work I will cut off a couple of Big Bubba's branches that are growing horizontally and need to go. I am going to try and propagate what I can from those branches so maybe I can get a plant for my booth aka cubical.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Great job and that was a lot of work! I'm glad they are appreciating it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice plant makeover. Your cubicals bring back memories of the reason I retired early. The transition from the company's old building and a private office to a new building and cubicles was something I used as an excuse to retire, lol.
xx, Carol

Ann said...

These are great improvements and you can propagate them. Congrats.

Christine said...

Great job, well done. Love the president's new plant.
Plants always give, good luck with your cuttings.

Kathy S. said...

Wow! Fantastic job! LOVE the snake plants.