Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Some progress and fun mail

I didn't have much time to pin baste the Harley quilt last evening. I had an eye doctor appointment in the afternoon and didn't get home until a little after six. My eye doctor is where I use to live. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to drive there, but I am not interested in changing. I hadn't been to the eye doctor in a very long time and I needed to get my glasses' prescription changed. On my way back, I stopped at the meat market and got some ground steak for chili.  Can you believe the price of meat these days?!  I did get a little bit more pin basted on the Harley quilt. Every little bit helps!
I found for sale a sampler kit from 1978. This would have been when I was doing a lot of cross stitch. The kit was a decent price and I thought it would be fun to stitch a vintage piece. It showed up in the mail last night, but I won't start on it until I get my current cross stitch project done. I did notice in the kit the needle was rusty so I will just discard it. After all, it is 43 years old!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes the price of meat has me rethinking some meals but I have to have my beef now and then.

Cherie Moore said...

Wow, a blast from the past! No surprise the needle is rusted ;-). It will be fun to see this one in progress.