Friday, November 8, 2019

Done, done, and done!

Quilt top is all pin basted - check!

New patches I have amassed are sewn on my AC/DC hoodie - check!

Car loaded with stuff for the Goodwill - check!
I forgot about seeing a Goodwill truck that sits in a parking lot on my way home. There is someone there everyday that accepts your stuff. I will be stopping there on my way home.

We did get a dusting of snow.

FYI - Ann has problems getting the tape to stick to the fabric when taping down her backing. The blue tape is useless especially if it is humid. Years ago I started using the Scotch 3M green tape. First they called it for hard to stick surfaces, then it was for concrete surfaces, now it is labeled for rough surfaces. It works great even on flannel. Do not confuse this with Frog tape - they are not the same. I usually get it at Sherwin-Williams when they have a coupon for painting accessories. I haven't found it at Home Depot or Lowe's in the stores around here, but they change the products they carry all the time so you might find it there.

Plans for the weekend - meander quilting the pink flannel quilt. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Have a fun quilting weekend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have been using the 2" blue tape and it works well. I have just basted 3 in a row using the same pieces of tape. No humidity now with the heat on so it sticks better. I bought this roll about 7 years ago so it isn't a waste of money going with the wider tape.

Ann said...

The green tape is such a good tip. Thanks for sharing it with me and everyone else.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great finish on the quilt top. Thanks for the tape tip too. I have never seen this tape. Bet Amazon has it too. We got that little bit of snow too. Monday is supposed to be brutal.
xx, Carol