Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Binding and UFOs

I have had a couple long days so when I got home I haven't felt much like doing anything. I did get the binding cut and some of it sewn and pressed. Tonight I plan on getting it sewn on the quilt after I pin it.

Vicki of Colorways by Vicki Welsh had posted recently her goal of getting her UFOs down to 10 by the end of the year. I haven't' been very good about keeping track of what was on my UFO list so I decided to look at it this morning. I had taken pictures of the projects, printed them out, and hung them on a door next to the studio. I was surprised that I got to cross off two items as they are now WIP and one item was just crossed off.

I am down to 10 items and I would love to knock off one or two more, but I don't think that will happen by the end of the year. If I don't get all those baby quilts done they will end up being added to the UFO list. I could start a WIP list - no, I don't need another list to manage! LOL!! I have the double wedding ring quilt to finish too. I am just glad I got to cross off the pictures of piles of fabric ends that have and are getting turned into quilts - the homespun is used up, the flannel pieces are mostly used up and all I have are a few scraps and blocks, and the African pieces are also mostly used up.

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

that would be far more WIP/UFOs list than my type A personality could deal with. I admit to 2 UFOs. Both for my daughter. Our relationship is ???? can't think of a good descriptive word. Sometimes I don't want to talk to her, let alone sew something for her. I never learn my lesson with her.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

That's a clever way to manage your list. Photos are much more meaningful!

Kaja said...

I like to make lists just because of how satisfying it is to cross things off. You have done well with reducing your UFOs so I hope you get through those baby quilts and don't have to add them on.

Ann said...

I keep a list of projects but don't distinguish between UFOs and WIPs. I never thought of posting photos on my wall. I'm trying to dig them all out again. They have babies while we're sleeping, you know.