Thursday, March 15, 2018

Still quilting

I finished up the t-shirt with the eagle and started on another one. It is just too hard to see quilting on black early in the morning so I started on this shirt that has a dark green background. I outlined stitched the most of the Harley Davidson at the top of the shirt, outlined the HD symbol in the middle of Kuwait and outlined Kuwait, then outlined the boat. This is to nail down the middle of the shirt before I meander free motion the background.

After work I stopped at the grocery store and the library. Weeks ago I had a librarian tell me how I could request a book to be purchased. All these years and I had no idea I could make suggestions. Well, I suggested Cotton and Indigo from Japan and it came! I only had a short time to look at it, but the photography is beautiful and it will be an interesting read.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wonder how many libraries listen to their card holders and order books. My library won't even put the books I donate on the shelves most of the time. Their quilting section is so puny that I think they would be happy to fill it.

Ann said...

This is how I nail down t-shirt quilts, too. Cotton and Indigo looks like an interesting read. So glad your library ordered it.

Kaja said...

Our libraries are all closing, or losing their budgets and being run by volunteers. That looks like a good book; let us know what you think of it.