Thursday, March 8, 2018

It's a start

I has been a couple busy and exhausting days moving from my office at the high school
to my new digs at the hospital. It took one trip on Tuesday and two trips Wednesday to move all my stuff. I am still unpacking, but here is what I have done so far

I noticed that the daffodils and day lilies are coming up with the spells of warmer weather we have been having. The ones next to the house come up sooner since the sun beats on the brick and it is a bit warmer. I even had one crocus flower. The deer eat the flowers so I was surprised there was one they missed.

Here are the daffodils in the yard and you can see how much farther behind they are

I was tired when I got home from work last night with lifting boxes, loading and unloading the car, and lots of walking. I managed to get a bit more quilting done on the Harley quilt. It is going to take a while for me to get into a new routine so sewing in the evenings is going to suffer a bit. I do almost have the first shirt quilted. I still need to go around the Harley Davidson letters and then this shirt will be done. For now here is the front and the back.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Moving is a pain in the neck.....whether home or office. Hopefully you will be settled in your new digs soon.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are ahead of us here with spring. I did notice a few Lily leaves poking up but haven't seen anything else yet.

Janice Holton said...

I know your job has something to do with construction, but what exactly do you do, Patty, that keeps you on the move so much?

Kaja said...

I hope you get to stay in this office for a while now and don't have to pack up and move again. It's always fun to watch you working on one of these quilts and see the way your stitching transforms each t-shirt as you go along.