Tuesday, March 27, 2018

AHIQ and pouch progress

I have not made the time to work on my AHIQ project which was to hand quilt a log cabin one block quilt I made in 2010. What I have been doing is making a t-shirt quilt. I finally got around to laying out the quilt for adding the binding at 5 this morning as I had a bit of time before I need to leave for work. All I need to do is pin the binding down and I can sew the first side tonight. I also cut the binding for the opposite side of the quilt so they would be the same length. I guess you could put this quilt in the utility category as I hope that whomever wins this quilt in the raffle uses this quilt.

Last evening phone calls delayed me in getting to tasks that needed done which cut into my sewing time. I had to strip the bed and wash sheets, and cook the beautiful pieces of salmon and a small roast I bought on Saturday so I would have something to take to work (I am took cheap to eat out very often). I did fire up the iron and pressed interfacing on some of the fabric for the boxy pouches. I still have more fabric to cut out for the lining pieces, but once I have all the fabric cut out and interfaced I can just sit and put the pouches together.
Yes, I have a lot of skull fabric! I plan on taking some of these this summer to the venues my nephew plays and maybe I can sell a few skull pouches to the motorcycle crowd when we play Bike week in a couple of towns. Ann of Fret not Yourself reminded me that I should make some with music fabric and she is right! Those will be coming along with making pouches to use up some of my novelty fabrics which I have a big stack.

6 comments:

Ann said...

You've been so busy. How exciting the latest t-shirt quilt is almost done. Some lucky winner will enjoy it for years to come. You also have a serious plan for getting the pouches made quickly. Love all the different novelty prints. Good luck quilting a single log cabin. I hope we see it soon. Thanks for linking with AHIQ.

Robin said...

I admire anyone who makes a t-shirt quilt. It's not an easy task. You're almost done!

Kat Scott said...

Love the t-shirt quilt... they can be so cool!

Kaja said...

You are so, so close now - I bet the lucky winner wants to hang it on the wall!

audrey said...

You really do amazing work on the t-shirt quilts.:)

Janie said...

Sounds like you've got a plan going!
Is that hand stitching/embroidery I see on your REM quilt?
When I zoomed in it got blurry.
Nice work.
Salmon for lunch is good.