Friday, February 9, 2018

Weekend plans

I have a list of things I want to get done this weekend starting with assembling the TV stand now that the painting is done.
I want to make a boxy pouch to hold all my threads for my AHIQ that I will be working on quilting. I dug out some fabric, the instructions, and some interfacing

I need to embellish this jacket for my nephew. I have to add the orange fabric to the sleeves and pockets then stitch the appliques on the lapels and sleeves, and change the buttons. He needs the jacket for an upcoming gig.

I got this book from the library.
It is pretty much a regurgitation of the quilts shown at QuitCon over the last few years. I had to admire the person who photographed and photoshopped the quilts. How do I know a photo was photoshopped? Here is picture of this quilt in the book which was at QuiltCon 2015 which I went to.

This is what the quilt looked like in person.

It is snowing again here and snow is forecasted all weekend so I don't plan on going anywhere.

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Be prepared, there is a lot of snow coming your way. It is snowing hard here right now after getting about 5" overnight.

Kaja said...

I suppose since they photoshop people all the time it shouldn't be a surprise they photoshop quilts too. I like the orange jacket as it is, but I guess if he's wearing it on stage it needs a bit of special treatment.