Thursday, February 8, 2018

Crazy week

Between the yearly meetings/training and the weather, things have been crazy. The snow started about 4-4:30 yesterday morning and the roads were covered by the time I had to head out to a training session. A trip that normally takes 30 - 35 minutes ended up taking over an hour. I had to find a detour at one point because there was a truck stuck on a hill and no one could get around him. I am out in the county side and don't know the roads so I get on the maps on my phone and tried to figure another way. I managed to find my way to a road I didn't want to go on, but I had not choice. I was driving along and there was a car stopped on the road. I got closer and they were going nowhere. I slowly passed them and here they couldn't get up the hill and their front wheels were just spinning. Here is the snow coming down at the school before I left and what is in my driveway - about 3.5".

I did get a bit more knitting done in the training meeting which was only a half day.

We then had to walk over to the maintenance shop where they had a company doing fall protection demonstrations. The fellow was dropping a 280 weight showing how different equipment worked. I work for a company that does bridge and highway construction and repair work so fall protection is an important part of our safety program.

After training I headed back and the roads were clear, but after a stressful day of the morning drive, disjointed training, and trying to set up my new work cellphone I was tired. I no longer have to use my personal cell phone for work! I tried to do the set up myself as I was told it was easy-peasy, but there were questions that I didn't understand and answers that I didn't know which one to pick. I gave up and went to the IT guy and he helped me. I now can get my work email on this iPhone 8, but when the IT guy downloaded the email it put every contact from the beginning of time in the phone contacts! I had to spend two hours last night deleting stuff.

Thank goodness it is Thursday!

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I hate getting a new phone. So much to learn! So now do you have two phones to juggle?

Snow! We have just enough snow here once every 10 years.....although I would like it to come once every year. For one day. Then we are over it.

Kaja said...

Your drive sounds like a nightmare. If we get snow like that the whole country grinds to a halt!