Monday, February 12, 2018

Got stuff done

I got the boxy pouch made for my AHIQ threads. The outside fabric is a decorator weight linen and I interfaced it and the lining with an iron on Pellon. I don't remember the pellon number, but it was a woven iron on interfacing. Now I have a cute pouch for my threads.

I decided to make another one for my makeup so I would no longer have to keep it in a plastic zip bag.

I did other household chores - dishes, laundry - but I needed to clean up the studio. I had these bricks that I cover years and years ago. I use them all the time.
I had six more uncovered bricks in the studio that I used to weigh down my artsy t-shirt quilts and it was time to cover them. I pieced together some batting scraps, wrapped the bricks and taped the batting down, then cut some leftover heavy fabric from making the studio's curtains. It will be a good project to hand stitch the fabric while watching TV.

I embellished my nephew's jacket. He needs it for a gig this coming weekend so I had to get it done. Here is the before and after.

One of my design walls fell down. The tape let loose and that was some real sticky tape! I got out the gorilla tape and it is now back in place.

I didn't get the TV stand put together or any painting done. We didn't get any snow that had been forecasted. It did rain though.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

You were very productive!

Charlene S said...

I just love your boxy bags especially with the Minions peaking through.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The jacket turned out really nice.

Frog Quilter said...

Wow lots done. Love the bags. The skull one made me chuckle. Is that how we look before make up? Lol.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love your bags and very proud to own one of your earlier bags! LOL. Michael's jacket looks amazing. Is that machine embroidery?

Ann said...

I, too, am impressed with the jacket. Hank Williams lives. The little bags would be useful. Perhaps this summer I’ll try them.

Kaja said...

That's a very swanky jacket! I bet he was pleased. I like those boxy pouches- they are a really pleasing shape.