Friday, February 16, 2018

So busy!

At work I have picked up more work. I am now working on a hospital project plus I still have to finish up the school projects I have been on for years. It has been a lot to do so I have been wiped out by the end of the day and haven't done any sewing all week.

Yesterday I did stop at the Malley's store and picked up a box of chocolate caramel filled hearts for half price. The box was wrapped so pretty I hated to open it, but I did. LOL!!

Here is a picture of the hole that is in the King cake mix bag. Definitely a manufacturing error!

I found the best deal ever for zippers for making more pouches. They are 22" long which is fine because I will have to cut them off anyway, they have nice pulls, and the price is killer! The downside is they are all the same color - black - but I can live with that and it comes in a pack of 100 - yes, 100 zippers! The price - $15.00! I ordered them from Homesew.com . They were hard to find on the site so use the search box and type in ZPL22 if you want to buy any. I don't think I will have to buy any zippers for awhile! LOL!!

This weekend the Akron Art Museum has an exhibit opening for Jun Kameko. He is a fabulous ceramic artist and I have been following his work for a number of years. What is interesting is the head of the museum has worked with and for Jun.
I won't have time to see the exhibit this weekend; I have a lot going on. My nephew has two gigs and the plumber will be coming to fix an issue. I am going to take Monday off since the schools will be closed and I think I will need the day off from all the running I will be doing today and Saturday.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Pretty or not, I would have opened the candy box too! They look delicious.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I am so glad you opened that box. The inside is as pretty as the outside!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

PS. I just went and bought 100 zippers too! Lets see who uses them up first! LOL. Thanks for the tip.

Kaja said...

I hadn't come across this artist before but I've been checking out his website and there's some stuff I love.