Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A busy three days

Friday night my nephew played the Akron Civic Theater
and opened for another fellow. The show was for only 300 people and the audience was seated on the stage.

I sold a decent amount of merchandise for the size of the crowd. I had parked at the deck across the street from the art museum and took this picture from the 4th level. Friday night was the opening of the Jun Kaneko exhibit.

I walked across the street and took a few more pictures before walking down to the Civic.

I got to bed about 11:30 Friday night and was up early enough to make cookies
to take on Saturday's road trip with the band to Lorain to play the Lorain Palace Theater. The band was the headliner and the theater is one of the oldest in Ohio. The ornate plaster decorations were amazing. This ceiling was a barrel ceiling with mirrored ends so it looked like the ceiling went on forever.
This is the lobby ceiling

and the theater

They had a catwalk and Michael used it to get closer to the audience. I am guessing between 550 - 650 people came. I was busy at the merch booth and sold quite a bit of merchandise.

It had started to expectantly snow before we started packing up the equipment to leave Lorain. Here is what it looked like Sunday morning. By noon it was pretty much gone.

I didn't get to bed until 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning (we had left at 11:45 on Saturday) so I was pretty tired all day Sunday and didn't get much done. The schools were closed for President's day on Monday so I just took the day off. Saturday a lady brought me these two bags of Harley -Davidson t-shirts. They will be for this year's fundraiser quilt.
There are over 45 shirts so I have plenty to work with!

I also got four of these tote bags made. I gave one to Michael already.

Tomorrow I will post a tutorial on how I made the boxy pouches. I made one yesterday for my knitting and took pictures of the process.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those old theaters are really ornate. I love the way the barrel ceiling seems to go on forever.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Perfect! Thanks for doing the tutorial for that boxy pouch. A friend of mind in New England is having a birthday in two weeks and i wanted to send her something This will be perfect,

I love those old theaters! Michael is sure getting around to some interesting places. Isn't he in college now?

t was shocking to see snow. We have been in the 70 for the last week and it really feels like summer!

Ann said...

Busy but fun from the looks of your photos. Enjoy the time with your nephew.

Kaja said...

You have been busy! I'm glad you took the photo of those heads - I love them.