Tuesday, February 27, 2018

AHIQ monthly post

I had named my oversized log cabin quilt
as my project for the first half of 2018, but I have put the Harley quilt ahead of it. I got the backing taped down, spread out the batting, and the top is now ready for pin basting. The top is about 82" x 94".

The sooner I get this quilt done, the sooner the lady running the poker run can start to sell the raffle tickets for the quilt. This will be for the 8th annual poker run honoring the ladie's daughter who was killed in an automobile accident. All the proceeds go to charity in honor of her daughter. This will be the third quilt I have made for this event. So therefore, I have dropped everything and will work on the quilt until I get it done.

I will be linking up to Kaja's Sew Slowly and Ann's Fret not Yourself

6 comments:

Robin said...

You have been a busy lady. I love the serene feel of the fabric choices for the log cabin. It's kind of meditative. So nice.

Ann said...

You make such interesting quilts. Great color and design choices here. Thanks for linking with AHIQ.

Kaja said...

It makes sense to work on the Harley quilt first - plenty of time for the log cabin after. Thanks for linking up with AHIQ.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It will be a stunner. Your T-shirt quilts are always amazing

Janie said...

I like your REM quilt, and the 'Harley' quilt is important you're right.
You're making progress, that's what counts.

Janie said...

I like your REM quilt in the header.
You're right the Harley quilt (a stunner, I agree) is important and
progress is being made!