Monday, February 26, 2018

Two out of three

I had three sewing projects to try and get done this weekend, and I got two done. I got this boxy pouch made for my sister

Charlene had asked some questions about the handle so here is some details. I cut a piece of fabric 4" by 9"-10" - no exact size. Iron on some interfacing
Press in half lengthwise
Open it up and press each side to the middle
Press in half and topstitch

Fold the corner and stick the handle between the layers
Sew and trim. I always sew it twice.

Fold the other corner and feed the handle between the layers. Don't pull the handle too tight. Stitch and trim. I hope this helps clarify how the handle is attached.

I got the Harley t-shirt quilt top sewn together. I switched up the columns of shirts and I like the way this looks now. I wanted to arrange the colors so there was more of a secondary designe rather then willy nilly like in the past.

Here is what the Harley quilts looked like in the past.
2016
2017

I started feeling like I was getting a cold on Saturday. I decided to take it on with everything I had in my arsenal. My brother had given me a small tin of Zam-Buk last year that he had brought back from overseas. I used it for cold sores and they would go away in a matter of two days. I like this stuff so much he sent me a 60g tin of it. I dived into the big tin and rubbed it all over my chest about every 8 hours all weekend. The cold seems to be starting in my chest. I am feeling a bit better and not coughing hardly at all.

The biggest difference between this and VapoRub is that VapoRub had turpentine in it!

The little container says it is a hospital in your pocket. Friday my left forearm hurt so bad from all the typing I was doing. I couldn't even flip the turning signal on because my arm between the wrist and elbow hurt so bad. When I got home I rubbed some Zam-Buk on my arm and within a few minutes the pain was gone. It strongly smells of eucalyptus which doesn't bother me.

What I didn't get done was the road case cover, but that won't take too long to make.

4 comments:

Charlene S said...

Thanks for the tut on the handle. Now it makes sense. Love the new arrangement of the Harley t-shirt top.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your new layout with the Harley shirts. This one will be a big hit.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I use China Gel for similar things. I love the smell of eucalyptus in it as well.

Really like ,o I gotta the colors in just one column. Suits it perfectly.

Kaja said...

I knew you'd come up with just the right arrangement! Somehow this emphasises the colours in a way that the more random organisation doesn't.