Thursday, February 1, 2018

Cookies and dinner

I baked a batch of almond cookies to take as a little gift to two friends I was having dinner with last night. They are so easy to make - 12 oz of sliced almonds, 1/2 cup sugar, and one beaten egg. Mix the almonds and sugar together. Add the egg and mix well. You need all the almonds to be wet so I stir the mix for at least 5 minutes. Put spoonfuls of the mix in piles on parchment paper. You should get 24 or 25 cookies. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 370 degrees. The recipe was passed on to me by a friend.

We had dinner at a place that specializes in grilled cheese sandwiches. I got a basket of sweet potato fries for us to share and then had mac and cheese with bacon. It was so rich and I took half of it home. It will be a tasty lunch or maybe breakfast today!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You can't beat a meal with cheese in it!