Thursday, September 8, 2022

Great progress on the vintage rail fence

I put my nose to the grindstone and used seven bobbins last evening quilting on the vintage rail fence quilt. I now am 30% done with the quilting! I oulined the area quilted.
I am already thinking about the binding for this quilt. I am going to make a scrappy plaid binding using leftover bits of homespun fabric. I went thru one bin and found some pieces that look good with the plaids in the quilt. I just need to go thru a couple other bins and see if I can find some plaids with more blue in them.
Do you remember in August of 2021 I sewed together 8 California king sheets to make two covers for the drums and keyboards for a fellow my brother is touring with? He called me yesterday and says they can't find the covers! Geeze! He told me to expect a package today with 8 more sheets. At least I don't have to have them sewn together and in the mail 4 hours later like last time. Here is one cover where I am trying to fold it up. It stretched across my bedroom.  I will work on sewing these together this weekend.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm thinking that quilt might be lighter weight and easier to push through the machine. The quilts I have made from shirt weight plaids are the lightest weight ones I have.
How on earth could someone misplace something as large as that?

Vicki W said...

OMG your shoulders must have been really sore today. That's a lot of quilting! Charge them double for the cover this time. Maybe they should pick something other than black so it's recognizable!

Kathy S. said...

LOVE that quilting design. You do gorgeous work, Patty.