Tuesday, September 6, 2022

16th finish for 2022

The t-shirt baby quilt is done! The finish size was 52 1/2" x 62".
The binding was a real challenge. I even pieced two lengths of the wider stripe in order to get a little more of the wider striped fabric to a width I could use for the binding.
I hunted thru my stash and scrap bins and could not find anymore of the wider stiped fabric so I cut a piece of a narrower stripe and called it a day.
I put a crazy splatter print on the back and quilted the whole thing in pink thread.
The denim arrived for that vest I need to make, but the pattern didn't show. Since no pattern, I went ahead and started on finishing that vintage rail fence quilt top. I got the backing pieced, got the top pin basted, and started quilting it. The top is about 64" x 82 1/2". It is hard to get an exact measurement because it is not perfectly rectangular. The blocks were hand pieced and the rows and borders were machined sewn. I have about 7% quilted.
Here is part of the back. This plaid came from one of my blog readers, Cherie. It wasn't quite big enough so I added to it. It is quilting up very nicely and I am using Connecting Threads essential in the color Taupe.
It rained a lot the last three days and we are still getting light rain this morning. We needed the rain, but I didn't get any weeding or yardwork done. Thank goodness I mowed Thursday! Here is what the storm looked like as it rolled thru here Sunday. My new gutters are working great and I have had no water in the studio since the new ones were installed.
I had started another small last week from The Scarlett House's chart Needfuls.
I have several cross stitch smalls I need to get finished into little pillows. I keep moving the pile of stitched pieces and the backing I plan on using around the room. I just need to get them sewn together and finished!

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

The baby quilt turned out really nice and it's cool to make something that is so meaningful for the parents. Glad your new gutters are working as advertised!

Donnie said...

I love this baby quilt, it is unique!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That pink and black quilt turned out so cute. I think maybe my next pink baby quilt will have black and white prints in it too.
I'm glad to hear the new gutters fixed your problem.

Pauline Michaud said...

I love how that baby quilt turned out. Awesome job. Really happy your water problem has been resolved - that must be such a relief. My quilt bee and I decided on our next project, and I just started working on a block. We've essentially picked one colour and are working with the scraps we have in that colour and need to come up with 7 20inch square blocks - a bit free form/crazy quilting (no rules).

Linda Mack said...

I'm a long-time follower of your blog, but never "speak up"
I love the improv sashing on the baby quilt. Have you ever told how you make it? I don't remember seeing it before. You are so creative!
You are a real dynamo with quilting, work, needlework, and everything else.
Linda Mack

PS Is Michael finished with college? I remember when he was just getting ready to start college.....time flies!!