Friday, September 9, 2022

Almost halfway quilted!

I worked hard and I am now 41% done with the vintage rail fence quilting! I am going to run to the Goodwill at lunchtime today and see if I can find one or two plaid shirts that I can add to my other fabrics for binding.
There was a box at my front door when I got home from work and what was in it? Eight California King sheets for those covers I need to stitch together this weekend. Last time I made these I only had 4 hours to sew them together and get them back in the mail. I don't have to have these done until Sunday night!
Linda Mack - you are a no reply commentator which I figured out when I tried to send you a reply. Anyway, I was happy to hear from you! I know I had posted about how I make that sashing like I made for the t-shirt baby quilt, but I can't seem to find the post. I will look around for a project that needs some sashing or a border and post a tutorial on how I make it in the next week or so. It is easy to do, but I have a few tips to make the process go smooth. This weekend is going to be a busy one and who know what I will or will not get done. It would be helpful if the National Guard showed up for one day. I have plenty to keep them busy! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

No sweat. You will have the cover done by tomorrow afternoon!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Have fun wrangling those sheets! The rail fence is coming along and looking great!