Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Still digging for solids

I went thru the bin of solids and found some pieces that were colors I could use. I still was short on purples and I needed to find some pale colors so I went digging again in the fabric storage room. I thought for a second I may have to buy some fabric, but then I decided I am not going to do that! I am going to use what I have! After pulling solids out of every pile and bin I had, I headed to my hand dyed shelf and started digging. I did find some fabric that did not have a big variation of color meaning almost solid. I found some purples, a pale pink, and some greens. Here is the pile I have now waiting for me to press and cut.

After I get these cut into strips I will then be matching each strip up with a print. I saw this quilt in the book "Use Scraps, Sew Blocks, Make 100 Quilts" by Stuart Hillard on Glen's blog Quilts and Dogs. It is a simple 16 patch block quilt, but I loved all the colors that were used. So my next adventure will be digging thru my stash for lively prints! I have a bunch of African Dutch Wax prints and I think some of them will end up in this quilt.

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

like my fabric, multiplies like rabbits except what you need

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The African Dutch Wax prints will look great with the solids.

Kaja said...

I like your plan a lot.