Friday, February 8, 2019

It's Friday finally!

It has been a long week so I am glad for the weekend. My goals are to get more quilted on Sammy's quilt. I don't think I can get the machine quilting done this weekend because I have other things going on.

What else do I have going on? Well, last night I spent my evening sanding and painting the new cabinet. I put the first coat on the case and the second coat - after sanding the first - on the shelves. I want to get the case sanded and the second coat of paint on it tonight so I can hang it this weekend.

I will have to flip the shelves over and apply two coats of paint. I still have the doors to paint too.

When my brother stopped over the other evening and dropped off the cabinet, he handed me a bag of clothes that need some repairs. He does handyman work for the lady. He had asked me if I would fix her stuff and I said yes so this wasn't a surprise. I want to get those done this weekend. It is not as bad as it looks. Most of the repairs are minor.
I have to go and get those lockers out of the hospital sometime this weekend too so it is going to be a busy one.

On my way home from work there is one major intersection that I have to go thru. It is where you get on the interstate. Well, last night someone made a bad decision and there was a accident. It must have just happened shortly before I got to the intersection because the police were just showing up. Traffic was all snarled up. I had to sit thru the light three times before I was able to get thru and a traffic cop had arrived to deal with the mess. Here was my view to the right. The arrow is pointed at a white car. I have no idea how they ended up there

And here was my view to the left when the ambulance arrived. That black car was mashed pretty good and there was debris all over the intersection. It didn't look like anyone got hurt. I think the ambulance was precautionary to check on the victims to make sure they were ok.

My guess was that someone ran a light to try and get where they were going quicker. Well that didn't work!

Have a wonderful, productive and safe weekend!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm always impressed with the house repairs you undertake and finish. But I don't think I could ever repair a stranger's clothes.