Monday, February 25, 2019

Several finishes

I got the flannel table topper finished. It is 19" x 28"

I crocheted the edge of that baby blanket I had finished knitting a few weeks ago. The yarn was bought by the same friend as the table topper is for. The blanket was suppose to be for a baby, but that baby has long grown into an elementary aged girl. I still finished it and she can give it to someone if she wants.

For this same friend, she had asked me to dye some placemats that had stains on them.

The stains didn't go away; they absorbed the dye differently. Oh well, I tried.

I spent some time cutting fabric for my next project. This will be a quilt for my nephew and his wife. They just got married a few months ago. They didn't want a wedding, but they still need a quilt! I got started on cutting 3" wide strips of solids which I will pair with a print. I need to go digging for more solids! I need some light blue, orange, purple, and green.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Finishing always feels good!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yay! More finishes!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Had sawyer the whole weekend so I didn't get much reading done. Love the finish on Sammy's quilt. Such a wonderful quilt. And the table topper is great. I need to make a few for my friend who just moved into a condo downtown. I can't wait to see what you are doing with those strips. I already like it.

Kaja said...

Finishing things is always good, isn't it? And I like what you are starting too.