Wednesday, January 30, 2019

What is going on ...

Yesterday was a long day. I got home later than usual and the first thing I had to do was make a cover for my hose bibb/outside faucet. This hose bibb is the original one that was installed in the house when it was built in the early 60's and is not frost proof. I should have done this weeks ago, but I wanted to do it before the temps dropped any further. I got the Styrofoam that was from the new TV I got, some of that aluminum tape, wire ties, and wool batting and MacGyvered a cover together. The batting I stuff inside.

I got a picture of my new shelf in progress. Uncle Frank had a few more questions. I answered those and he said he would be working on the doors next.

I hope you are keeping warm if your in an area affected by this polar vortex. Last night on the news there was a story about 195 homes that had to have their gas shut off because somehow water had leaked into the gas lines. With this cold, I am grateful to have gas and will be happy to pay for it. Here right now, it is -1 with the wind chill it is -22 with sunny skies.

No comments: