Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Not much to see here

Last evening I ended up doing two loads of laundry and working in the kitchen. I had dishes to do and I needed to make some food for lunches. I made creamed spinach and cooked some mushrooms that had to be cooked or I would end up tossing them. Cooking of course meant more dishes to do!

I got this from my sister yesterday. She works for the county criminal system so she gets to stay home today because of the weather.

Here in good old Ohio we go to work unless there is a full on blizzard and it better be a bad blizzard not just a big snow storm! It was warm yesterday, upper 30's, and it rained last night. Overnight as it rained the temps fell. My driveway is a sheet of ice.

I figured the main roads and heavily traveled backroads would be salted and they were. There was so much salt on the road it looked like snow! The only icy streets were the neighborhood street that the city doesn't salt. The cul-da-sac where I live is one of those. It was a sheet of ice all the way down to the cross street that was salted because it is a hill.

Temps are suppose to drop into the negative numbers tonight. Where ever you are take care during this cold snap!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We missed out on the rain this time but had that same icing over a couple weeks ago. Supposed to be -23 here tonight. I hope you aren't getting that cold.