I started sewing the next group of strips for the pink and lavender quilt. They are 2" wide strips.
I then took the strip of two 2" wide strips and sewed it to a 3 1/2" strip.
I sliced those units into 3 1/2" pieces and this is what the block will look like once it is sewn together
This pieced 4 patch will then get sewn to a 6 1/2" block
The big oops is that I sewed all the 3 1/2" strips into pairs! Wrong!!
When I got home I did see that one of my coneflowers had three flowers that bloomed and a couple more to follow. This plant was shorter than the other three all summer, but it is now about the same height. A late bloomer I guess.