Monday, September 10, 2018

Moving along

This weekend went by too fast. Saturday I was still trying to recover from being in the heat all week so I didn't get much done. I spent most of my time working on the project I can't show you yet. I finally figured out the best way to tackle the design so I think the project will go faster and better from now on. Right now I am about 1/4 the way done with the flimsy.

I did cut the flannel strips that I had pieced.

I did some cooking and laundry, but was unable to do any yardwork. It rained all weekend! We needed the rain. The ground will be nice and soft for pulling weeds now. We must have gotten at least 2 to 3 inches over the weekend. Since it is cooler today - the high 70 - and cool tomorrow and overcast, I might work on the yard after work. The temperatures are going back up in the 80's over the weekend.

It is cooler here at work too thank goodness. That heat just takes the life out of me and it is hard to get anything done after work.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The weather is cooler here but now we are on hurricane watch. It's never dull here!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We have been in the 60s for a few days, all the way up to 70 this morning. Great sleeping weather with windows wide open. With the hurricane on the east coast the normal flow of weather is going to be disrupted so you will probably be back in the warm weather before we are in IL

Janie said...

I'm glad to hear you got rain and cooler temperatures!
Refreshing.
And you're piecing a new project, I look forward to seeing that.

Ann said...

Rain is a blessing in the summer and it will help you pull the weeds.