Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Flannel progress and plants

I finally got that light gray flannel I bought for backing washed. I ripped off a piece to cut strips for matching up with that last piece of plaid I had. I managed to get the strips sewn together and cut so they are ready to be sewn into blocks.


We continue to trade plants at work. Yesterday, Chad brought me some purple cora bells and a chunk of Zebra grass. It was sprinkling out, but I planted the cora bells anyway. They had lost most of their purple color, so I will have to wait until spring to see what they really look like.

I don't know where I might plant the Zebra grass. It likes full sun and this will get very tall.


I dug up a day lily to give to Chad. he thinks it is funny that I don't know what color it is, but the deer eat all the flowers off every year before they open up. Several years ago I covered the plant with netting to keep the deer for eating the flowers, but it has been so long I just don't remember what color they are. He doesn't have a deer problem so the plant is now his.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I thought zebra grass was pretty too and planted some and it took over a whole area, spreading like crazy. You might want to plant it where you don't mind more of it each year.

Kaja said...

Nice to think that lily will get a chance to flower now. We plant grasses that want to spread in a pot with the bottom cut out to limit the roots.