Monday, July 9, 2018

What I did on my 5 days off

I tried to get as much done as possible and I did pretty good, but I still have a list! LOL!!!
Tuesday after getting home from work: mowed grass.

Wednesday the 4th: I spent over 5 hours cleaning up the back yard at my brother's house.
I rested for a few hours and then sewed some equipment covers.

Thursday: made oatmeal raisin cookies and red pepper humus for the road trip with the band to Dunkirk, NY. We left at noon and we got back at 1 a.m. The show was at a park right beside Lake Erie. It was so beautiful. A big storm was getting ready to blow in right as the show ended. We got a short downpour then I got everyone hustling to get things buttoned up and loaded before the big storm broke loose. It had been hot and humid all day and everyone was sweaty and we loaded out between the rainstorms. We all piled into the van and headed back home all sticky and tired. While I sat at the merch booth I started taking apart a double wedding ring quilt that I am redoing for a friend.

Friday: went to the grocery store, Home Depot, went to my brother's for a cover fitting, painted more of the foundation, and planted zebra grass. I had a evergreen plant that started to get rust so I pulled it out and planted the zebra grass. I got the grass for half price. It will look good here one it grows taller - 6' to 7'.

Saturday: got up at 5 a.m. to watch the first stage of the Tour de France. While I watched the TDF I did laundry and moved rocks during commercials. Later I fixed my neighbor's rake, spend an hour cleaning up the garage, went to visit family, and finally finished painting the foundation. I had to get another gallon of paint because I ran short, but I went ahead and put a second coat on while I had the time and paint. This job is finally done! Now I need to get the ladder out and the rest of that green stuff off the siding!

Sunday: Weeded some in the front until the sun came around, watched the TDF, made flatbread, worked on more equipment covers and modified others, put the final coat of paint on the TV cabinet, replaced the insulation on the A/C condenser, mowed the front yard, and watered the flowers.

Right now my favorite rider, Peter Segan, is leading the way. He won Stage 2, he was awarded the yellow jersey for having the best time and he also was awarded the green jersey for having the most sprint points. He will more than likely lose the yellow jersey today, but will probably keep the green jersey. Today is the team time trial so I don't believe any sprint points will be awarded to anyone.


Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That sounds like a 40 hour work week! A lot checked off your list too.

Vicki W said...

I agree with Wanda!

Frog Quilter said...

I’m so tired for you lol. Great going!

swooze said...

Everything is looking great. I’m working on my Double Wedding ring and will send you some measurements.

Kaja said...

There is always a list, but look how much you got done! Covers look great, garden looks great, the side of your house looks great. I hope you can enjoy the TDF with a sense of satisfaction at all your achievements.