Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Could it get worse?

Sorry about the crabby reports about work. I left yesterday after 9 1/2 hours and my boss gave me a look like "your leaving already?" I brought the only thermometer I had and this is what it read. Looks like at least to 90 to me.

Then if that wasn't enough the subcontractors putting up the studs scrap off the fireproofing and just let it fall everywhere.
When I got back to my desk after a couple of meetings everything on my desk was covered with fireproofing - my papers were covered, my nut crackers were covered, my computer was covered. This is my desk after I moved all my paperwork off.

I hit the roof and started yelling at the subs about their behavior which I have already talked to them about last week. My boss said to me "well they will make messes." WHAT? She is the one who constantly complains about the guys making messes and dragging stuff all over the hospital, but I get upset about the mess they made and she defends the subs? I am confused! What messes are ok and what messes aren't?

This morning it is 60 degrees outside and here is the temperature in the construction space - looks like 80 to me. Better than 90 but still hot without a fan blowing.

I didn't get anything done last night. I had a hair appointment so by the time I got home it was 7 p.m. Maybe tonight I can get something done.

3 comments:

Charlene S said...

With all that stuff floating in the air, your lungs are collecting their share just like the desk. Not good for future health. Wonder if your boss would put herself in that situation.

Vicki W said...

I always hated the nightmare periods of my career. Some led to great new jobs elsewhere!

Kaja said...

I'm not surprised you yelled, though as I get older I come more and more to the conclusion that lots of people these days just don't care about others at all.