Thursday, July 12, 2018

Stitching, rocks, and the TDF

While watching the TDF last evening I did get some stitching done. In fact I got the border done on this t-shirt. I am making some good progress on this piece!

Here is my rock haul for yesterday.

I have made excellent progress in getting my flower beds edged and am almost done with several of them. Here is the current state of the new shade bed
This is the cora bell bed. That big rock off to the side will need to be rolled to the back bed of Lenten roses
The Lenten rose bed

I will keep hauling home the gravel rocks and egg sized rocks until I have enough to fill in around the A/C condenser. It is getting filled in nicely one file box and one bucket at a time! The area where I am getting these rocks is going to be demolished in 2 to 3 weeks so I have to try and haul some home every day I can.

My plan on Saturday morning is to get up early and work on the front flower bed so I can get these coneflowers planted that I bought last week. The heat and humidity is forecasted to arrive Saturday afternoon so I want to get some work done before that happens.

My favorite rider, Peter Segan, won yesterday's stage at the TDF. He had a big smile on his face when he crossed the finish line.

He is leading the green jersey competition with the most sprint points too.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The heat and humidity will return here tomorrow so I went out to do weeding today. My new hostas have needed watering more than in other years with all of these strings of 90+ degree days.

Kaja said...

It's too dry to plant anything here at the moment, but I love the coneflowers.