Monday, July 16, 2018

The weekend

I was so tired all weekend I didn't get much done and it was too hot and humid to do much outside.

I did work on finishing this cover for my brother. My zippers arrived that I had ordered and they were the perfect length. The zippered flap is so that the cover can be on the guitars, but so my brother can have access. I will post a picture of it on the guitars. It took me four hours to install the zippers, make the piece that goes at the end of the flap, top stitch the seams, and hem it. I had to take out the side seams first so I could install the zippers then sew it back together. I topstitched the seams to give the cover a bit more structure.

Peter is still in the green jersey.

I did move a few rocks. I now have the cora bell bed ready for me to pull out the plants, add more dirt to change the elevation so the water runs away from the garage then reinstall the plants. I also have some cora bells at the back of the house that I will transplant into this new bed. I also got a few more rocks mnoved to the new shade garden bed. I have picked all the rocks I can from the site except for the egg sized and gravel rocks. One of the construction guys told me about a place close by where they have lots of rocks and I can pick what I want so I may have to go there to get a few to finish out my grand plan.

I am not a happy camper. I was forced to move out of the room I was in and had to move up where they are doing construction. There is no air conditioning and it is dirty. I never signed up for this. I have a box fan I brought that at least moves the air around. This reminds me of when I was a kid and we had no A/C. I hate the heat, I hate summer, and it is going to be miserable. I wish I could retire. Here is my spot before, where I am now, and the view from my desk.

I did see the twins and momma out grazing in the backyard. Then the fawn moved to the front yard.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Ughh! This is the worst summer to have no A/C. It looks like a jail cell view with the metal framing. I'm sure that is how it feels too. Your rock edgings are looking good and were worth all of the hard work. It is nice that you could find a source for free rocks with the number of beds you are doing.

Ann said...

DH and I have the summer heat discussion frequently. He says he likes it but I remind him he only stays in the A/C all summer. Ha.
Lovely deer and wonderful covers for your brother.

Vicki W said...

Yhe rock edged bed looks great! I wish you could retire too and then you could come visit me and we could dye together.

Kaja said...

Sorry that they've moved you into that nasty little space - hot and sticky. No one has AC here (no need 99.9% of the time) but this summer we are really wishing we had it.