Monday, May 14, 2018

What a weekend

My brother brought over the new table for the merchandise booth for my nephew's band. We have more merch and the table we were using is just too small anymore. I will have four different CD's to sell now instead of the two we had and this season we added patches.

So with the table my brother brought me fabric to make a table cover. This was my job Saturday morning. I was happy the way it turned out. The zippered pockets come in handy and I made this side shorter so it would be easy to get stuff we store underneath easier to access. Look at those rounded corners!

I got a delivery of 3,360 pounds of rocks on Saturday. My plans are to re-do the borders of my flower bed.

I got started on digging out the old plastic border on Sunday.

What drove me crazy was the amount the flower bed had sunk in relationship to the yard. I have been adding sweet peat to the flower bed over the years, but it was still so much lower.

I got started on digging out the grass, putting in barrier cloth, then setting a few stones. Oh, this is going to be a lot of work! What on earth did I get myself into? LOL!! I will just do a little bit at a time and eventually I will get it done. Once I get the border set, I will dig out the plants, dump a bunch of the new dirt I bought into the bed, and replant the plants. I am using bricks to fill in underneath the decorative rocks. This is what I have done so far.

I decided to sort out the rocks by size. I spend about a half hour and am about half way done. I needed to dig out the bigger rocks. Here they are with the smaller ones in the front.

I spent Saturday afternoon ironing on the interfacing and pressing the handles to what will become 65 boxy pouches.

I got these four that had been partially put together finished.

Then I have these four almost done. I had sorted the cut out pieces by the color of thread I will use so I could just keep sewing in an assembly line fashion and not change thread color. I have someone who is going to sell these for me at a show on the 25th so I have a lot of sewing to do in the next 10 days.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

l got my rocks a few at a time so I never had to deal with a big pile like you have. Wow, you have set yourself up for some hard work! You will love it when it is done.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love those rock though. Lots of hard work!! Great way to build summer muscles you will need to sew all those boxy pouches!!!

Kaja said...

You do like a challenge, don't you? Lots of work, but you can already see it's going to look really good when it's all done.