Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Busy but no sewing

I needed to get the rest of my steps in when I got home from work so I decided I would walk to the library and go to the school to check on a couple items on the site. I changed clothes a gather up everything I needed and headed out. It was hot, 80 degrees, and everyone was outside. I didn't get but to the end of the driveway and neighbor stopped and wanted to chat a bit. She needed to leave for her kid's ballgame, so I started walking again for few more steps then another neighbor stopped me to say hello and of course a chat ensued. Ok, 10 minutes later I start to walk again and I was starting to sweat from the heat so I took out the paper towels I brought with me to wipe my face.
I walked another block or so and you guessed it, another neighbor stopped me to chat. I went as I was talking to him I looked in the pocket that I took the paper towels out of and my glasses were gone. Crap! After I finished with the current chat, I retraced my steps to try and find my glasses. Digging around I found the glasses in another pocket and by this time I was almost back home. The second neighbor I talked to said that was a fast trip to the library and I told her I never made it yadda yadda yadda. So I ended up going back home, getting in the car and driving to the library, parked my car at the job site and did my walking in the school parking lot as I checked on the items I needed to look at.

Back home I needed to get fertilizer/weed killer on the yard as it was suppose to rain and the new neighbor across the cul-de-sac stopped to talk. Oh my, it now going on 6:30! I finished my fertilizing and the neighbor next door was out so we chatted a bit. I still had my list to work on and despite all the chatting I did manage to get a few items done.

So now I have decided I will have to drive down the street a bit and park the car so I can walk without being stopped! LOL!!!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is nice to have so many neighbors that you know and can chat with. My whole neighborhood has changed in the last 4 years. I have met a few of the new neighbors but others never seem to be outside and I don't have a clue who they are.

Kaja said...

Nice that people are so friendly, even if it means you need to allow double the time when you go out.