Friday, May 18, 2018

Good progress on the 9

I managed to get all the seams stitched down with the decorative stitch. Next I sewed the end of the pouches and cut out the corners.

I like to tack the end of the zipper for extra security and that is done on all nine.

So these nine are very close to being done! All that is left to do is stitch the two corners, stitch the other end closed, cut in the corners, stitch those corners and insert the handle. My goal this weekend is to see how many I can get made of the remaining pouches that are ready for sewing. I think I counted 47.

I had to take a break from sewing last evening to mow the grass. Gosh, it has been growing fast! Of course after I was done I had to go next door and check out their landscaping project and the let the neighbor across the cul-de-sac that he could bring the tree limbs he was cutting over to the woods at the back of my yard where I let him take his other yard waste.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My neighbor could have baled his grass too. I got mine cut just before it got to that stage.

Janie said...

Great work, you got a lot done;
Stitching and you mowed your grass and talked with the neighbors.

swooze said...

Looking good! Hope you can meet your sewing goals.

Kaja said...

It's frightening how fast grass can grow! Almost as fast as you sew. :-)