Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A crazy weekend

I made cookies - oatmeal pecan raisin, chocolate chip, and toasted pecan sandies - so we would have a snack for the shows this weekend.

We left at 1 p.m. on Friday and headed to Lorain. It was hot and I was sweating bullets. I wasn't able to get any pictures because I am pretty much tied to the merchandise booth. The show went great, we had a big crowd, and I kept busy selling t-shirts and CD's. After we got the booth torn down I did get to watch the Dirty Deeds Band play. Michael ended up playing one song with them.

I got to bed at 2 a.m. and was up at 7 a.m. I wanted to make more oatmeal cookies without raisins for my brother and Oatmeal raisin without pecans for my SIL. We left for Sandusky at 11 a.m. for two shows. We got the merch booth set up

but about 4 p.m. all hell broke loose. A storm blew in and it was crazy. I had started to put some things away, but when the wind started blowing 35 - 40 mph it was a matter of just keeping the tent from blowing away. The rain was pounding down and next thing the top of the tent blew off. So there was my SIL and I standing in the pouring rain trying to keep the tarps on one of the merch cases. Finally the wind quit and my brother came over to put the top back on the tent so we didn't have to huddle under a tarp. I stated we needed some paper towels to dry stuff up so I grabbed my wallet and took off in the pouring rain to look for a drug store/variety store. There are no drug stores in downtown Sandusky. I finally went into a casual restaurant/bar and explained my situation to one of the waitresses. She was so nice and got me some paper towels and wouldn't take any money. I apologized for dripping all over their floor. She didn't realize how I was soaking wet until she went to give me a hug. I ran back to the merch booth and we started cleaning up. The next show was at 8:30 so by that time we had the booth pretty much back together except for the table cloth - it was hanging on some barricade drying out. The sun had come out so I pretty much dried out except for my socks. I was so glad to get those wet socks off when I got home at 12:30 a.m. I was so busy I didn't get any pictures except for the water in the gutter about 15 minutes after the storm ended.

There was a couple that got married by my nephew's bass player between shows.

There were a lot of cool motorcycles at Sandusky as it was Ohio Bike Week. Check out this guy.

Sunday and Monday I stayed home and worked on quilting my JB piece.
I did run out on Monday to get gas for the mower. Rain is in the forecast for the next four days and I had to get at least the front mowed. I waited until 6:30 to mow and it was still 90 out. I managed to get part of the back mowed too which I will finish tonight if the rain misses us.

I almost forgot to put the label on a baby quilt. I did that this morning. The woman maybe coming today to pick it up so I had to get the label on it.


Charlene S said...

Beautiful cookies. Can you provide a link to the recipe? Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That has to be miserable when it storms after you are set up. It sounds like a super busy weekend and it probably felt good to unwind while quilting.

Kaja said...

You crammed a lot into one weekend! We are getting crazy mad rain like that too at the moment.