Thursday, July 20, 2017

Back to the R.E.M. quilt

Between work, laundry, texting, phone calls, and watching the Tour de France I still managed to get in about 160 minutes of stitching - not quite my goal of 3 hours a day. My plan is to first work on all the areas that touch the outer edges between now and August 1. August 1 I have to get the official photo taken for the High Arts Prize. Having the outside edges all finished will allow me to put the facing binding and hanging pocket on. I will then work on the center area between August 2 and September 8 when I have to turn the piece over.

Here is what I worked on yesterday. This is a picture I took last month before I stopped and moved on to other areas.

This is what it looks like now.

I didn't cover my daylily the night before last and the deer had come by and chomped on it pretty good. There are still a few buds left and I covered it up last night.

1 comment:

Kaja said...

Poor lilies! I sometimes aim at two hours quilting a day, but at the moment I never meet that target.