Wednesday, July 19, 2017

10th finish for 2017

Yes! The Harley quilt is done! It finished at 81" x 95". I used warn and natural 80/20 for the batting and a variety of threads to quilt it including King Tut, Aurifil, Signature, and Essentials from Connecting Threads. I was up at 4:50 this morning to sew on the label and take pictures. I had sewn the binding together and pressed it at lunchtime yesterday. After work machine sewed the binding on while watching the Tour de France.

Now I must focus on getting as much stitching as possible done on the R.E.M. quilt. I don't have to hand it over until September 8, but my appointment for a photo is August 1. So that gives me 12 days and approximately 53 hours of stitching if I stitch 3 hours after work, and 10 hours a day on the weekends except for this Saturday. I have a hair cut appointment and the band is playing an event so I will be lucky to get 3 hours in that day. I have a few more pin buttons coming in the mail for embellishment. I will continue to work on it after the photo is taken, because it is all about how it looks in person. The photo is for the slide show the event puts on and for the voting on the iPads.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! I know you feel a huge weight lifted getting this one done.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yay! One deadline out of the way!

swooze said...

Will you bind it in advance or have you already?

swooze said...

I'm referring to the R.E.M. Quilt

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Congrats on your finish!,,,