Thursday, May 29, 2014

MQG meeting and progress on the rain forest/jungle

Before I headed out the door to the MQG meeting I sewed together a few more units for the rain forest/jungle. This morning I was thinking I needed a few more pieces for the rain forest and went digging in my stash again to see what I could find. I came up with three more pieces in my quick search and then a few more ideas popped into my head so I will be digging again tonight. In the meantime this is how the piece looks right now. I will take a couple of close up shots of some of the fabric I used in the rain forest. I think you will be surprised!

Now many of you may be thinking that despite using many novelty prints in this piece, there is still a lot of open area or blank space. You will just have to wait and see what I plan on adding.

There were five of us at the meeting last night. It was full of wonderful conversation and show and tell. One of the ladies went to Quilt Market! We were all oohing and awing and asking her a million questions about the experience. She showed us the guide she received and all the promotional materials she collected.

She also attended another event - Fiber something - and showed two pieces of fabric she bought. Gorgeous stuff!

Another lady needs a baby quilt for someone. She brought a top that she thought about using, but decided it was too big. It is a cool piece.

She had this magazine

and a jelly roll so she made this top. SO CUTE!

I showed the ladies my pin basted cow quilt since I need to get it done right now and handed off before our next meeting.
I shared that I was going to QUILTCON in February and they were all excited for me.

I was tickled that one of the ladies was headed to a retreat this summer and she is planning on taking the workbook I gave out with my improv techniques so she could a quilt using the same method I did for the cow quilt. I can't wait to see what she makes!

I gathered a few stems of lily of the valley to show a young fellow at work. He didn't know what it was. It had rained last night and the grass was very wet, but took the trek out to the backyard I broke off some for him. Yes, my feet are now a little wet. Here is what my patch looks like. I need to dig some up and transplant it. It has gone wild!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

The quilt is coming along nicely!