Thursday, May 15, 2014

More sections sewn together

I made some progress last evening with getting a few more sections sewn together. This is what it looks like now.

Here is a close up so you can see the image.

I have several pieces of fabric that were given to me thru my brother by the lady who is the wardrobe lady for Jimmy Buffett. The fabric was designed and printed just for the shirts for JB's band. Many are border prints and this sea plane was in the sky part of one of the prints. I will have to take a picture of a couple of the prints and post tomorrow. They are interesting to look at and see all the imagery that was used like volcanos, palm trees, surf boards, grass shacks, and sharks.

We only got .54 inches of rain yesterday, but we are getting more today. This is what the radar looked like this morning.

I received a package from G yesterday containing a half yard of guitar fabric and a yard of the pianos the she got on sale at a shop going out of business. Thanks G! I will add this to my stash of music fabric.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the spliced image. That's really cool.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

you are so very welcome! I am just amazaed at that plane! What a great way to use it!