Monday, March 31, 2014

Snow and Sewing

Saturday I went to a lunch for a family member. I rode with my brother, his wife Robin, and son since the restaurant was about an hour away. Robin needed a baby quilt for a friend that was expecting. I only had two boy quilts in my stash so I put a label on the recently made blue and tan multi layered quilt and gave that to her.


It rained hard the entire way back. On our way back we stopped at a high end grocery that carried the smoke gouda that I had eaten at the Art & Ale event at the art museum a couple of weeks ago. Robin and Michael got some bagels and then we headed back to their house. My brother walked me out to my car and the rain was turning into sleet. I stopped at the grocery store where I usually shop and picked up a few things. When I walked out to the car the parking lot was slick with slush. It continued to sleet then turn to snow. By Sunday morning this is what it looked like.

We got about 2 inches. I am sick of this weather! Today since I went back to work it is suppose to be 58 today. Again another case where the weather is crappy on the weekends and nice during the week when I am at work. I spent all day in the studio and worked on a couple of boy quilts for my stash. I was playing around with the multi layer cutting technique. I need to cut and sew more border for one quilt and then get the border sewn on, but I felt like I got a lot done.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I am really hopeful that Spring will arrive here this week.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad the snow missed us. I hope you really get up to 58 today.