Monday, March 17, 2014

Student's work and Art & Ale

I received an email from one of my students from the workshop. Jane included a picture of the piece she made and it is wonderful! Jane did a fantastic job!

I worked at the Art & Ale event at the Akron Art Museum on Friday night. Here is the view from my station before the crowd arrived.

They had tasty food too. Pulled pork sandwiches, perogies, beef stew with mashed potatoes, cheese, and mini cupcakes. The mini cupcakes only had 30 calories each!

Sunday I made cookies for the guys at work for St. Patrick's Day. The second batch got a bit dark, but they still taste good.

I finished my first piece that I can't talk about. I really need to work hard this week and get at least the tops done for the other two pieces I want to submit. The date for finished pieces was extended which is a big help. Here is just the back corner of on of the pieces. Sorry this is all I can show.

I wore my shamrock socks today for St. P's day in honor of my great grandmother and grandfather on my mother's side who immigrated to the US from Ireland.

This morning as I getting ready to leave for work I heard a bird with an unusual call. I keep looking around to try and figure out where the sound was coming from. Then I saw a large bird in the neighbor's tree. I think it must be some kind of hawk. If you make the picture bigger you can see the bird in the center of the picture. I zoomed in as far and I could with my camera and took a few steps closer, but I didn't want to get too close. Pretty cool!


No comments: